1. Girls without fathers are more likely to become sexually active at a younger age and have a child outside of marriage.
2. Boys who grow up without their fathers are more likely to have trouble finding a job in young adulthood.
3. Fathers tend to engage in more physical and spontaneous forms of play than mothers.
4. Involved fathers in their child's care tend to have fewer teacher reports of negative "acting out' behavior.
5. Children with involved fathers are less likely to use drugs than children with absent fathers.
6. Father-child interaction has been shown to promote a child's physical well-being, perceptual abilities and competency for relating with others
7. Father's play help children regulate their emotions and recognize others' emotional cues.
8. 76% of teenage girls said that their fathers where influential with sexual decisions.
9. Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.
10. Children in father absent homes are twice as likely to repeat a grade in school.
11. Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse.
12. The likelihood that a young male will engage in criminal activity doubles if he is raised without a father
13. Research indicates that...the one human capable of curbing the anti-social aggression of a boy is his biological father.